The Venda wire bangles are made by hand in Limpopo Province, South Africa by the Venda Community. The bangles were traditionally made by men as an engagement gift to their brides to be. Today, the bangle is mostly made by woman in the rural villages, where the tradition is continued and passed down to the next generation! The bangle is made using a fine copper or silver wire. The quality of the wire used by the crafters is imperative to get a seamless, quality finish to each bangle. The craftsmanship and appeal of the traditional Venda bangle are appreciated and worn locally and worldwide. Our support helps fund their project to continue their cultural, social and business development for the young and old generation of Venda and South Africa. Bangles do not stretch, dull or tarnish (you may shower, do dishes, swim in chlorine or sea water). Most people stack 10-12 bracelets for a full effect…but some can’t get enough and just keep stacking. The bangles have a handmade look and every bangle varies and some have visible black cord which is the traditional look. With the time and usage, the bangles get softer and shinier. Sizes:
- Available in sizes Small/Medium and Medium/Large and Kids (please provide specifications in the notes section)
- 65mm diameter is a size Small/Medium
- 70mm is a size m/l (*Which is the most popular size)
- How to measure: Put your hand on a ruler, measure across from under your thumb, hand flat.
- Since they are handmade the size can vary and every bangle is unique.